To maintain computerized records of inventory and follow proper ordering procedures to maintain
"just-in-time" inventory levels as established.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual physical inventory as well as reconciling
• Maintain communications with internal customers, including process engineers,
technicians, purchasing, and finance.
• Manage all company shipping and receiving to include transacting receipts into
Enterprise system (Epicor/Odoo).
• Receive shipments and play an integral role in preparing and processing physical
inventory and routine cycle counts.
• Manage all 3PL's, primary contact to outside services in tracking incoming receipts and
• Experience processing Domestic and International Shipment Customs forms and
following Harmonized Tariff regulations.
Accurately maintains computer records of all goods received and shipments made on a
daily basis. Gives inventory reports to purchasing and inventory control manager.
Places orders with suppliers up to authorization limits when the established "low" point
Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors. Tries to establish
two sources for frequently purchased items.
Studies regular inventory reports to determine which items can be scheduled for regular
delivery in order to reduce the necessity for special orders.
Conducts frequent partial physical inventory audits to verify accuracy of computer
records; conducts a complete physical inventory count annually.
Maintains a computerized inventory system and, under direction of the purchasing and
inventory control manager, may upgrade the software from time to time.
Participates with the manager in determining purchase requirements for blanket orders.
May operate a forklift truck when there are staffing problems.
High school diploma, equivalency certificate, or proof of sufficient skills to fulfill
Secondary Education completed or in-progress is preferred.
Basic knowledge of inventory control procedures.
Proficiency in keyboarding and experience with computerized inventory systems.
Skill in organizing work efficiently and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Skill in communicating with warehouse workers, the purchasing department, and with
Previous certification as a forklift operator desirable but not required.
Logistics experience required.